Words to describe people
Words to describe people.
1. Decent – socially acceptable or good
A decent man honors his word and holds on to his principles.
2. Respectable – good character, behavior and appearance.
We have elected a respectable man to be the chairperson of our committee.
3. Righteous – behave in a way that is morally correct.
A righteous person does something because he knows it is morally right.
4. Noble – brave and not selfish
John is a noble man who always sacrifices his time to help the sick and needy.
5. Just – fair
He is a just man who respects the wishes of others.
6. Considerate – kind and helpful
Amy is a considerate neighbour who always parks properly on the driveway.
7. Humble – not proud or not believing u’re important.
The humble manager attributed his success to his dedicated team.
8. Straightforward – don’t hide opinion
Sometimes she offends people because she is straightforward, and speaks her mind.
9. Forthright – too honest and direct in behavior.
He is a forthright leader whose opinions are highly respected.
10. Forbearing – patient & forgiving.
Because of his forbearing nature, Adam smiled and remained calm even though he was unjustly accused.
11. Steadfast – strongly & without stopping.
We must remain strong and steadfast when we go through a crisis.
12. Tolerant – accept others bad behavior or custom.
A mixed marriage can survive if both parties are tolerant of different cultural beliefs and practices.
13. Resilient – easy to recover from bad experience.
She is a tough and resilient woman because she has endured much suffering.
14. Persevering – continue with determination
A persevering person does not give up easily.
15. Stoical – not complain or show feeling when something bad happen.
The stoical writer who survived as a prisoner of war was reduced to half her size.
16. Calm – peaceful & quiet.
In any emergency it is important to remain calm and level-headed.