Words associated with walking
walk the walk in using the right word in speaking or writing.
Here are some expressions related to the act of walking.
1. He tried to ______ away when he saw his ex-wife enter the room.
A slink B march C wade D stagger
2. The scouts are beginning to ______ because they are exhausted after their jamboree.
A slink B roam C slouch D saunter
3. The guard caught a man who tried to ________ away after stealing a pair of shoes.
A roam B sneak C prowl D wade
4. In anger, he __________ out of the office as his design was rejected.
A stamped B strolled C prowled D waded
5. The manager ________ around, barking out orders to his staff.
A roams B wanders C struts D slinks
6. Jane wanted to _______ around her office to show off her new shoes.
A stagger B swagger C slouch D slink
7. He was ________ home at 3am in the morning because he was drunk.
A staggering B swaggering C strolling
8. My father is watching television, so I will _________ upstairs if I get home late.
A slouch B pace C tiptoe D strut
9. Rachel is beginning to ________ so someone must hold her all the time.
A strut B swagger C sneak D toddle
10. The injured soldier managed to _______ back to his camp.
A stroll B strut C slouch D totter
11. We _______ the streets for an hour before we found a restaurant.
A slouched B sneaked C tramped D tottered
12. The children will _______ across the field to the canteen.
A stride B wade C slouch D prowl
13. The students will _______ behind their teacher during their field trip.
A strut B trot C prowl D sneak
14. He looks very funny as he ________ like a duck.
A slinks B staggers C wades D waddles
15. I have seen a dirty vagabond who ______around town.
A struts B swaggers C wanders D tiptoe