How to read?
1. First skim (read very quickly) through the whole passages or article.
2. Do not read every word and do not rush, occasionally for a moment to read some thing important.
3. Use a pencil to guide your eyes across the pages as you read.
4. Underline main idea or topics that you come across.
5. Main idea or topics are usually, but not always, the first or second sentence of the paragraph.
6. The introduction is a paragraph with a special purpose. It contains the main idea or topic of the entire passage. If the passage is an argument, it should also state the writer’s opinion.
7. The conclusion often summaries the main points of the passage.