Words associated with sound
Words associate with sound
1. She ___ in amusement when she saw her son’s red hair.
A. chuckled B. whined C. purred D. hissed
2. The patient was ___ in pain when he was brought in.
A. bubbling B. hooting C. groaning D. sniffing
3. The captain was ___ his orders loudly.
A. purring B. hissing C. hooting D. barking
4. With a ___ of boredom, he left the lecture hall quickly.
A. groan B. grunt C. sigh D. hiss
5. It was very rude of the students to ___ in mockery at their rival team during their hockey match.
A. whine B. groan C. hoot D. bark
6. The baby is ___ for milk as he is hungry.
A. chuckling B. howling C. sighing D. hissing
7. I recognise her ___ of laughter because of her shrill voice.
A. howl B. whine C. grunt D. snarl
8. I can hear the ___ of tyres whenever I drive on my tiled driveway.
A. hiss B. screech C. whine D. squeal
9. A ___ fell over the neighbourhood where the murder was committed.
A. hush B. sigh C. hiss D. purr
10. The witty speaker made his audience ___ with laughter.
A. groan B. grunt C. roar D. purr
11. From my apartment, I can hear the wind ___ every night.
A. bubbling B. howling C. hissing D. whining
12. She ___ at me to not touch her new blender.
A. whined B. groaned C. squawked D. screeched
13. With a ___ of anger, she stormed out of her husband’s office.
A. sigh B. snort C. groan D. purr
14. The students ___ with irritation at the latecomers for the fire drill.
A. snarled B. howled C. hooted D. grunted
15. The children ___ with delight as they played on the beach.
A. howled B. squealed C. squawked D. squelched
16. She stormed out of the dingy shop with a ___ of contempt.
A. grunt B. screech C. squeal D. squall
17. Ann marched into the shop ___ about the fake ruby ring sold to her.
A. sighing B. chuckling C. squawking D. squeaking
18. My sleep is interrupted by ___ stray cats every night.
A. hissing B. hooting C. squalling D. squealing
19. The door ___ open, and I saw him lying on his bed.
A. squeaked B. squalled C. squawked D. squelched
20. Whenever she ___, she is irresistible.
A. barks B. purrs C. hisses D. hoots
21. He was ___ in a low voice because of his sore throat.
A. bellowing B. barking C. croaking D. howling
22. I heard the ___ of boots in the muddy field outside.
A. squealing B. squeaking C. squalling D. squelching
23. Her ___ of alarm awakened everyone in the dormitory.
A. snort B. grunt C. squeal D. squelch
24. It is unkind of her to ___ with scorn at the gift made by the children.
A. bubble B. sniff C. squeal D. squeak
25. The boy’s ___ of fear was clearly heard from the basement.
A. snort B. snort C. squall D. squeal
26. His disrespect is shown by the way he ___ at his mother.
A. snarls B. squalls C. squeaks D. squeals
27. He likes to ___ at his wife whenever he is angry.
A. groan B. moan C. purr D. bellow
1.A 2.C 3.D 4.B 5.C 6.B 7.A 8.B 9.A 10.C 11.B 12.D 13.B 14.D 15.B 16.A 17.C 18.C 19.A 20.B 21.C 22.D 23.C 24.B 25.D 26.A 27.D