Archive for Tongue Twisters
1. If you understand, say “understand”.
If you don’t understand, say “don’t understand”.
But if you understand and say “don’t understand”.
How do I understand that you understand? Understand!
2. I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won’t wish the wish you wish to wish.
3. Sounding by sound is a sound method of sounding sounds.
4. A sailor went to sea to see, what he could see. And all he could see was sea, sea, sea.
5. Purple Paper People, Purple Paper People, Purple Paper People
6. If two witches were watching two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
7. I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought.
If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought so much.
8. Once a fellow met a fellow in a field of beans. Said a fellow to a fellow, “If a fellow asks a fellow, can a fellow tell a fellow what a fellow means?”
9. Mr. Inside went over to see Mr. Outside.
Mr. Inside stood outside and called to Mr. Outside inside. Mr. Outside answered Mr. Inside from inside and told Mr. Inside to come inside.
Mr. Inside said “NO”, and told Mr. Outside to come outside. Mr. Outside and Mr. Inside argued from inside and outside about going outside or coming inside. Finally, Mr. Outside coaxed Mr. Inside to come inside, and then both Mr. Outside and Mr. Inside went outside to the riverside.
10. SHE SELLS SEA SHELLS ON THE SEA SHORE ,
BUT THE SEA SHELLS THAT SHE SELLS,
ON THE SEA SHORE ARE NOT THE REAL ONES
11. The owner of the inside inn was inside his inside inn with his inside outside his inside inn.
12. If one doctor doctors another doctor does the doctor who doctors the doctor doctor the doctor the way the doctor he is doctoring doctors? Or does the doctor doctors the way the doctor who doctors doctors?
“When a doctor falls ill another doctor doctors the doctor. Does the doctor doctoring the doctor doctors the doctor in his own way or does the doctor doctoring the doctor doctors the doctor in the doctor’s way”
13. We surely shall see the sun shine shortly. Whether the weather be fine or whether the weather be not, Whether the weather be cold Or whether the weather be hot, We’ll weather the weather Whatever the weather, Whether we like it or not, watch? Whether the weather is hot or whether the weather is cold. Whether, the weather is either or not? It is whether we like it or not.
14. Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely.