Words associated with tool
Tools to express yourself
1. He______into his students that daily revision is the key to success.
A hammered B nailed C screwed D axed
2. The Chinese oil painting will go under the______next month.
A chisel B file C hammer D screwdriver
3. Women find Dave handsome because of his_______features.
A nailed B chiselled C wedged D screwed
4. Some violent television programmes have been______.
A chiselled B axed C bolted D drilled
5. A prominent politician was_______for corruption.
A axed B nailed C screwed D chiselled
6. He is a health______who goes to the gymnasium every day.
A screw B bolt C nut D plane
7. Let us get down to the______and______of building a house.
A hammers, nails B screwdriver, screws
C chisel, nails D nuts, bolts
8. After the accident he was______up and needed to see a psychiatrist.
A nailed B screwed C clamped D bolted
9. She is_______about her swimming instructor.
A nuts B bolts C screws D nails
10. Our government should______ down on 24-hour cyber cafes.
A screw B axe C clamp D chisel
11. Teachers often________their pupils in the multiplication tables.
A nail B screw C clamp D drill
12. A fire_______is carried out in my school every year.
A wedge B clamp C drill D vice
13. Jill loves baking. She goes at it ________and_______as soon as she gets back from work every weekend.
A pliers, pincers B planes, blades
C hammers and tongs D hammer and tongs
14. He is a tough_______to crack, because he is so hard.
A screw B nut C bolt D wedge
15. She has managed to drive a_______between her stepfather and her sister.
A nail B wedge C screw D vice
16. His resignation came as a______from the blue.
A nail B screw C nut D bolt
17. We were completely______by the spectacular performance.
A screwed B bolted C riveted D wedged
18. We enjoyed the________dances and splendid costumes.
A riveting B screwing C drilling D clamping
1. A hammer 2. C hammer 3. B chiselled
4. B axed 5. B nailed 6. C nut
7. D nuts and bolts 8. B screwed
9, A nuts 10. C clamp 11. D drill
12. C drill 13. D hammer, tongs
14. B nut 15. B wedge 16. D bolt
17. C riveted 18. A riveting