Words Associated with Household
1. The government will put a ______on the price of beef during the coming festive season.
A wall B ceiling C door D fan
2. His fiery speech will______the people’s hatred for the ruling party.
A fan B light C dish D mat
3. She is a _______because she always tries to please everybody.
A rug B blanket C doormat D curtain
4. The ______of mystery hindered the police in their investigations.
A fence B wall C hedge D curtain
5. Everyone thought he is doing well. His problem of substance abuse has been swept under the ______.
A. doormat B mat C rug D carpet
6. Our Chief Minister has brought down the_______on corruption and Penang is even recognised by Transparency International for its anti-corruption measures.
A fence B ceiling C curtain D carpet
7. There is now a_______ban on designer drugs.
A blanket B curtain C carpet D ceiling
8. RM500mil is needed to ______ the effects of the economic downturn in this state.
A mattress B cushion C pillow D sponge
9. Patrick’s mother likes to ______him in order to provoke him to find a job.
A needle B knife C axe D pin
10. Knitting is not my ______of tea.
A mug B cup C glass D pot
11. She has to ______ all her frustration in front of her customers.
A pot B kettle C canister D bottle
12. The technicians have to sit down and ______ out their problems.
A iron B axe C brush D mat
13. The post of manager was handed to him on a ___________.
A dish B plate C tray D saucer
14. Teaching kindergarten children is a different _______ of fish.
A pot B plate C kettle D pan
15. Discipline and hard work are the ________ to success.
A locks B bolts C nuts D keys
16. Mr Tan’s painting will go under the _______ next week in Penang.
A chisel B hammer C plane D screwdriver
17. The Perak team turned the _______ on their opponents and won the match.
A tables B chairs C benches D stools